Job category: Government and NGO
Remuneration: R 554 172.00 p.a. (Level 01 of a Grade 08 Local Authority) Total Package Inclusive of all Benefits: R932 613.60 p.a.
EE position: Yes
Midvaal Local Municipality invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the advertised vacancy:
- Manage key performance areas and results indicators of roads and storm water functions.
- Ensure diligent execution of roads and storm water operational functions and management of the section in accordance with applicable legislation.
- Planning, operation and maintenance of roads and storm water functions.
- Monitor the performance of contractors and professional consultants appointed by council ensure effective and efficient service standards.
- Projects and financial management of the section
- Develops practices and procedures to enhance the safety, efficiency and productivity of staff.
- Provide excellent customer service, problem recognition and dispute resolution skills.
- Attend to stakeholders meetings and complaints
- Performs other related Ad Hoc tasks/duties as or required by management from time to time.
- BTech / BSc degree in Civil Engineering
- Extensive Managerial, Operational and Project Management experience in Roads and Storm Water.
- Capacity for conceptual thought, well developed analytical, coordinating and management skills
- Knowledge of risk and financial management with strong budget control experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Meet MFMA minimum competency requirements.
- Competent in the interpretation, implementation and enforcement of relevant legislation and applicable polices
- Human resources, financial, procurement management and project management
- Computer literate (MS Projects, MS Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint)
- Code B (08) driver’s license
- Eight (8) years experience within roads, stormwater of which three years should have been at management level
CLOSING DATE: 26 JULY 2021 AT 12:00
REFERENCE NUMBER: MN 3036/21
Please note that transport and accommodation costs, to and from Midvaal, are not reimbursed. Midvaal Local Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to the achievement and maintenance of representativeness (race, gender, disability). Candidates whose appointment will promote representativeness will be given preference.
Benefits: Usual fringe benefits are applicable, unless otherwise resolved.
Candidates wishing to apply for this vacancy must register their application via the electronic job board PNET – http://midvaal.pnet.co.za or via the Midvaal Local Municipality website www.midvaal.gov.za .
For any queries kindly contact Human Resources (016) 360-7435
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to background screening checks (verification of qualifications, criminal record checks and security vetting). Candidates with foreign qualifications must submit a letter from SAQA stating the equivalence of the qualifications.
Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within three (3) months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Midvaal Local Municipality, values privacy in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (Act No.4 of 2013 (POPIA) which is effective from 1 July 2021, personal information will not be disclosed to any third party, unless otherwise prescribed in the Act, following due process(es).
NB: THE COUNCIL RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO THE ABOVE POSITION/S.