Electrician – UG & Surface Winder (Fix Term Contract)
As an Electrician (Fix Term Contract) you will maintain, install and commission the electrical components of the machinery and equipment to an agreed standard in your area of responsibility.
By looking after our assets, you’ll become an asset too.
Anglo American has a portfolio of world-class mining operations. We mine, process, move and market the essential ingredients that enable a cleaner, more connected world and that meet fast growing consumer-driven demands for products from smartphones to electric cars. Our basic materials build homes, offices, railways and airports, and our diamonds fulfil people’s dreams.
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium. We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world – from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
The focus for this role will be to:
- Plan sequence execution of work with the resulting action needed to rectify the risk or defect and report possible defects.
- Determine and set appropriate tap settings on MV transformers and mini subs and stop the operation if the working conditions are unsafe.
- Ensure that material, spares and equipment are available as required.
- Achieve safe production performance levels through the effective maintenance of equipment.
This role is in the Engineering department at a C2 level reporting to the Engineering Foreman.
You will need the following:
- Grade 12
- Technical Trade Certificate as an Electrician
- Certified Competent as Electrician
- At least 3 years experience working as an Electrician at a Conventional UG Mining Operation.
- Relevant Experience in Double Drum or Koepe Winders would be advantageous.
- Winders Competency would be advantageous.
- Must have MV Competency.
- Experience on main Surface Fans, Compressors & Sub Stations would be advantageous.
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
If your application is successful, criminal and other background checks, where appropriate, will be required
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfill their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.