MANAGER: DEVELOPMENT PLANNING
SALARY: R 608 196 p.a (Excluding Benefits)
POST LEVEL: 3
Master’s Degree in Town and Regional Planning * Minimum of 5 years relevant experience of which 2 years’ experience must be at Middle Management Level *
Professional Registration with SACPLAN or SAP * Computer literacy and a Valid
Driver’s license * Sound knowledge of Local Government Administration.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Organize personnel, control, and provide guidance so that work can be done effectively.
- Monitor and control the internal preparation of the capital and operational budget.
- Responsible for the overall administrative function and support in the Division.
- Proper planning of the functions and management of the Division.
- Control the compilation of Spatial Development Framework (SDF) for Matjhabeng.
- Do needs analyses for different land uses
- Investigate the availability of land and motivate land purchases and the release/marketing of land.
- Motivate and compile spatial development plans/policies/strategies for priority sub and or sectoral areas.
- Make inputs to the IDP process and control the implementation of IDP projects via the SDBIP Process.
- Make applications for and evaluate township establishment applications.
- Coordinate interdepartmental technical committees regarding development projects.
- Manages public enquiries regarding development planning and render an advice service regarding spatial development
- Facilitate the processing of new applications for development projects.
Enquiries regarding the above positions can be forwarded to: Ms. G. Mokgatle @ 057 391 3911
Candidates are requested to forward a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, including the necessary documentation (i.e. original cerfied copies of qualifications) to The Senior Manager Human Resources, P.O Box 708 Welkom 9460 or may hand it to the Municipal Main Building, Welkom.
Fraudulent qualifications or documentation will immediately disqualify any applicant.
A candidate who canvasses any Councillor and/or Senior Official for preference will be disqualified immediately from the selection process or from appointment.
Matjhabeng Municipality complies with affirmative action in terms of the Employment Equity Act (Act 55 of 1998)
If applicants are not contacted for an interview within six weeks after the closing date, they must accept that their applications were unsuccessful.
The Matjhabeng Municipality reserves the right not to fill any advertised position(s).
CLOSING DATE: 23 July 2021
MS. Z. TINDLENI