Section Mechanical Services: Potchefstroom Garage
Location Potchefstroom, North West
Ref Number SCM 13/2021 (4 Posts)
The South African Police Service hereby invites unemployed graduates who conform to the requirements for a twelve (12) month Graduate Recruitment Scheme at Division Supply Chain Management. The Graduate Recruitment Scheme is part of the National Human Resource Development Strategy and the National Skills Development Strategy.
- Be a South African citizen
- Must be in possession of National Senior Certificate or equivalent (NCV L4)
- Must have no previous criminal conviction(s) or case(s) pending
- Applicants must be unemployed, and never employed in the field of the advertised post and never participated in an internship programme in the relevant field of the post *Applicants must be residents of the Province where the post is advertised (proof of residential address to be attached)
- Applicants are restricted to apply for only three (3) positions and complete separate application forms for each post reference number.
Intern categories with minimum requirements:
Graduate Intern: Tertiary Qualification is required
Student Intern: Practical experience is required by the tertiary institution in order for the learner to finalise qualification (recent letter from the institution must be attached)
NB: Stipend for each category will be as determined by the Divisional Commissioner Human Resource Development: South African Police Service.
The following posts are advertised for the consideration of the Graduate Recruitment Scheme into the South African Police Service.
MOTOR MECHANIC INTERN (PETROL/DIESEL MECHANIC) – SAPS GARAGES
Additional Requirements for the posts:
- N2 in Motor Mechanic/Mechanical Engineering or N3 in Motor Mechanic/Mechanical Engineering/ NCV level 4 in Motor Mechanic/ Diesel Mechanic.
- Perform quality and cost effective repairs and maintenance of SAPS vehicles.
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment. *Diagnose, strip and determine the parts required for services and repairs.
- Complete parts request list for the parts required per vehicle.
- Complete job card with regards to work done and actual time taken.
- Ensure safe keeping of tools and equipment.
- Comply with the Occupational Health & Safety Act (Act 83 of 1995).