Join us as an Occupational Hygienist where you will be responsible for the design, implementation, evaluation, coordination and management of occupational hygiene programmes and systems to meet legal compliance and drive our zero harm objective
We take safetyand healthseriously. So will you.
Anglo American has a portfolio of world-class mining operations. We mine, process, move and market the essential ingredients that enable a cleaner, more connected world and that meet fast growing consumer-driven demands for products from smartphones to electric cars.
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium. We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
- As the Occupational Hygienist, you will manage occupational hygiene programmes and systems that include hygiene, emergency preparedness, wellness, water quality on the operation and associate infrastructure to meet legal compliance and provide a safe and healthy working environment.
- You will use recommended control measures to mitigate risk and adhere to audit compliance standards. Ensure ISO 45001 compliance
- As part of this role, you will also promote education and awareness of employees on occupational health hazards including controls to mitigate risks.
- You will also ensure trend analysis of occupational exposure data and connection of data to occupational groups while also reporting on occupational hygiene.
- By monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of control measures put in place, you will ensure a safe and healthy working environment.
This role is in the SHE Department and is at a Band 6 level reporting to the SHE Manager (Situated at Rustenburg Base Metals Refinery)
- Degree in Occupational Hygiene or related;
- Registration with the South African Institute of Occupational Hygiene [SAIOH] on Occupational Hygienist level and Chamber of Mines [CoM] Intermediate Certificate in Mine Environmental Control [MEC];
- CoM Advance Certificate in Mine Environmental Control – Advantageous
- Occupational Hygiene Legal Knowledge Certificate – Advantageous
- At least 5 years post qualification experience in the field of occupational hygiene
- At least 2 years in a process environment
- Presentation / facilitation / training
- Data analysis skills and in depth knowledge of all relevant legislation pertaining to SHE
What we offer
When you join Anglo American you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, but more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We are a large, successful multinational company – and we are still growing all the time.
Who we are
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Closing Date 6 July 2021