Payroll Execution officer
Do you have solid payroll execution experience? The Global Shared Services Team is looking to employ a Payroll Execution Officer with in-depth knowledge of payroll processing and the prerequisite system standards, employee tax rules, an understanding of the complexity of a matrix organisation and be up to-date with the latest trends and relevant skills required in the industry.
Finances are vital.
As Global Shared Services (GSS), our commitment to partnership is at the core of our values. As a global business partner, we deliver flawless transactional, value added and customer-focused services to support the Anglo-American organisation.
We invite talented people who can deliver high standard performance through innovative end-to-end processes. Using automation and other digital platforms in service delivery. We welcome customer centric individuals with a broad base of capabilities, to join our global family
You will be required to process Monthly and Ad Hoc payrolls and all related activities post-payroll on the SAP Payroll system, adhering to the internal control frameworks and GSS Policies. You will reconcile and submit Annual and Bi-Annual PAYE Returns and attend to any GL related queries resulting from payroll posting. You will be responsible to reconcile and submit schedules to third parties whilst developing stakeholder relationships through on-time delivery and open communication.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Complete the end to end payroll process within the specified calendar dates including the resolution of payroll processing errors
- Generate payment files on time within the specified time frames
- Payslip printing and distribution
- Reconciliation and compilation of schedules for payroll third parties and provision accounts
- Extract, reconcile and submit the Pension and Benefit Fund schedules electronically
- Investigate and resolve vendor queries
- Verify that all capture to payroll is accumulating to the correct SARS codes and the correct taxation rules are applied.
- Reconcile, print and distribute employees’ tax certificates
This role is in the Employee Services department at a Band 7 level reporting to the Payroll Coordinator.
- A relevant payroll qualification
- Extensive experience in payroll processing and execution
- You must have executed payrolls and performed all the relevant post payroll activities
- PAYE returns and submissions, Basic payroll accounting understanding
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
What we offer
When you join Anglo American – Global Shared Services, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefit package, but more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mines. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.