Location: Kimberley, NC, South Africa
Company: Distell Limited
Applications are invited for the position of Sales Manager, based in Kimberley, reporting to the Southern Region General Manager for Sales.
Purpose of the position:
To lead a motivated and capable team of people in the distribution function at the Kimberley Depot, ensuring excellent service, the availability of quality products and the efficient and cost effective use of assets.
Key Performance areas for this position include, but re not limited to:
- The successful candidate must be based in Kimberley & also immerse himself/herself into Northern Cape
- Understand & gather insights of the entire Northern Cape in order to extract Growth.
- Develop Strong Plans to Gain Market Share.
- Develop Plans to Respond to Competitor Activity.
- Accelerate the Outlet Expansion Project.
- Also enhance Stakeholder Engagement
- Achieve sales targets as per business plan, market share, revenue and gross income.
- Implement and increase awareness of the strategic focus drive initiatives.
- Achieve set volume and value targets on strategic focus brands.
- Increase sales coverage by identifying new sales prospects according to segmentation tool.
- Sales force effectiveness process to be implemented successfully (4A’s / power pack) and embed in the sales team.
- Optimise all resources to achieve sales targets (People, processes, time, tools etc.) and resolve issues quickly.
- Achieve cold space targets by brand category.
- Anticipate customer needs and competitor tactics – resulting in proactively identifying opportunities and eliminate potential problems.
- Build effective working relationships with customers and relevant stakeholders to achieve results.
- Company values lived by self and team.
- Support sales team to service customers and to implement plans according to channel strategy.
- In-field assessments and coaching conducted. Identify training and development needs.
- Providing timeous feedback to team and internal customers on areas for improvement on efficiencies, competitor activities or any burning issue requiring quick solutions and attention.
The successful candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Degree / Diploma in Commerce, Sales / Marketing or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years Sales/Marketing experience (Preferably in the FMCG industry)
- At least 3years experience in a Management position / leading a team
- The ability to identify and define problems and make balanced and sound decisions
- Ability to interpret and analyse business and commercial information and develop strategies that will increase sales and profits (Strong numerical and business acumen experience)
- High levels of energy, persistence, drive as well as a sense of urgency
- The ability to work optimally in a high performance and competitive environment
- The ability to adjust to change and manage your own energy levels
- Have the ability to plan realistically and take action to deliver on time
- Be proactive vs reactive
- Excellent negotiating skills to gain commitments to solutions by using your influencing and networking skills
- Have a passion for customer service by making clients and their needs a primary focus
- Have the ability to coach, facilitate, inspire, transform and lead your team towards a shared goal and vision
- Good communication skills
- Self-starter / self-motivator and acting independently
- Team player
- Fully computer literate
- Willingness to work flexible hours which include some public holidays and weekends
- A valid and unendorsed driver’s licens
Reference number: 17742 Closing Date: 02 August 2021