Title: Senior AWS DevOps Engineer – Java (FDI Use Cases)
Role Group: IT Management
Role Name: Software Developer
Role Level: Chief Expert
Location(s): Midrand/Menlyn/Rosslyn/Home Office rotation
Minimum years of experience
• At least 10-12 years Cloud architecture and reporting
• Extensive experience in implementing and monitoring
• Experience in testing (manual or automated testing)
• Web and digital project experience advantageous
• Agile working experience advantageous
Minimum qualification required
- Relevant IT / Business Degree
- Applies advanced knowledge of area
- Managing projects / processes
- Ability to develop within a specific sought-after programming language
- Strong working knowledge with software development tools, techniques and approaches used to build application solutions
- Working knowledge with software development tools, techniques and approaches used to build application solutions
- Cloud computing technologies, Business drivers and emerging computing trends
Generic Technical / Functional skills
- Understanding of integration between different technologies
- Coordination between development and support environments
- Assisting with the business case
- Planning and monitoring
- Eliciting requirements
- Requirements organisation
- Translating and simplifying requirements
- Requirements management and communication
- Requirements analysis
- Document requirements in appropriate format depending on methodology followed
- Assist with identification and management of risks
Specific Technical / Functional skills
- AWS Solid understanding of Components – VPC | IAM.
- Above average experience/understanding of AWS Components: o Lambda o Sagemaker o CodeCommit o
IAM: ECR o DynamoDB, Param Store o Secrets Manager, Athena, Glue, CloudWatch, Step Function, SNS, Code Build/Pipeline, CloudFormation, S3 o CI / CD Tool (Nexus / Jenkins).
- Experience working in Agile SDLC methodology
- Working experience building data/ETL pipeline and data warehouse
- Demonstrate expertise in data modelling Oracle SQL.
- Exceptional analytical skills analysing large and complex data sets.
- Perform thorough testing and data validation to ensure the accuracy of data transformations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with precise documentation. • Self driven team player with ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Experience building data pipeline using AWS Glue or Data Pipeline, or similar platforms. • Familiar with data store such as AWS S3, and AWS RDS or DynamoDB.
- Experience and solid understanding of various software design patterns.
- Experience preparing specifications from which programs will be written, designed, coded, tested and debugged.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Beneficial: Data science / Statistics- There are algorithms that were developed by an external provider that need to be maintained / enhanced as per new requirements
- Problem solving capabilities
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work interdependently as well as independently and to submit deliverables on time and with excellent quality
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills with the ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing) with both technical and non-technical colleagues / users
- Strong ability to understand and interpret business needs and requirements with an aptitude to move concepts through to proposal and successful implementation
- Strong presentation skills
- Above-board work ethics
- Flexibility to take up different tasks in the project
- Ability and willingness to coach and give training to fellow
colleagues and users when required
- Willing and able to travel internationally