Ad ID number: 1368
Role name: Senior Java Developer (IIB Developer)
Location(s) where position is mainly based: Midrand/Rosslyn/ Home office rotation
Minimum years of experience: 8+ years
Level of experience required: Expert
Minimum qualification required: Degree in IT or relevant experience
Part of a team working as a Java developer to enable our IT to support Central Ordering processes within the ProFLEX project.
- Development of features in collaboration with partners in Munich.
- Travel to Munich
- Meet with end users and gather requirements.
- Propose and review system design and evaluate alternatives.
- Review and present proposed system solution to IT Project Manager / Leader and User Management or System owner.
- Develop systems solutions in line with quality and delivery requirements
- Preparation of system/technical documentation (as per ISO standards)
- Facilitate stand-up’s
- User training
- System testing/parallel runs
- System implementation
- System audits/quality assurance
- Penetration testing and compliance
Technical / Functional skills
Experience with the following technologies:
- Development of MQ bases messages flows with sequencing on the messages within IIB
- IIB message routing and filtering
- API solutions security within IIB
- Implementation of common logging and exception handling in IIB
- Extensive knowledge of HTTPS, FTPS and MQ protocols.
- Diagnosis of IIB Error messages
- Ability to implement SOAP & Rest Services in IIB
- Mainframe Systems (advantageous)
- Data Modeling (advantageous)
- Spring Framework/Spring Boot
- JAVA EE / JAVA
- RESTful and SOAP services
- SQL (Oracle, Postgres)
- TDD / Test Driven Development
- Build Tools (Maven/ Gradle)
- Jenkins Pipeline (Continuous Integration) / DevOps)
- Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Unit and integration testing using JUnit
- Working on Agile Environment
- Database Migration Tools(Liquibase/Flyway)
- Understanding of how to setup configurable services in IIB.
- Knowledge of ESQL mapping patterns and message transformation standards.
- IIB Developers Certification
- AWS Cloud knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to communicate effectively
- Willing to deal with customers. Innmost cases they will be foreign customers and language barriers might exist
- Must have good time management skills
- Ability to work as part of an agile team, inter dependant as well as independently and submit deliverables on time and in excellent quality
- Must take ownership of an assigned task and see it through to completion
- Must be self-motivated and open to learn
- Willing and able to work on weekends and public holidays
- Flexibility to take up different tasks in the team
- Travel to Germany required (e.g. 2 x 2 weeks)