Title: Liferay Developer
Role Group: IT Management
Role Name: Software Developer
Location(s):Midrand/Menlyn/Rosslyn/Home office rotation
Minimum years of experience
Minimum 5+ years of experience in Development, Administration, Deployment, Up-grading of Liferay
Portals with high availability requirements.
Minimum qualification required
Formal qualification in IT (Diploma / Degree) or quivalent working experience with Liferay
- Develop and Enhance new and existing LifeRay application functionality.
- Provide guidance on best practise implementation of LifeRay solutions in partnership with the Technical Solutions Architect.
- Managing technical incidents.
- Exposure to the Integrating Portal with different external environments using Webservices
- Monitor and update production issues raised on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure production issues gets resolved within SLA.
- Assist with facilitating emergency changes required on production environments.
- Assist with troubleshooting and resolving issues on SIT, E2E, UAT and production environments when needed.
- Root cause analysis of Production Related Incidents.
- Assist with release notes and deployment documentation for future releases
Other Skill Requirements:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and interpret Business needs and requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and written) with both technical and non-technical colleagues / users.
- Strong Presentation skills.
- Should be willing to deal with (talk to) our customers. In most cases they will be foreign customers and language barriers might exist. Customer care is very important.
- Ability to work as part of a team, inter-dependant as well as independently and submit deliverables on time and in excellent quality. SELF STARTER.
- Above board work ethics – this is of utmost importance.
- Flexibility to take up different tasks in the project.
- Ability and willingness to learn and grow with the team
Technical / Functional skills
The following is important:
- Angular JS
- User Experience Analysis
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Sonar)
- Glassfish Server
- Liferay 7
- Java Enterprise Development
- Java Persistence Framework
- Gladle (Dependency manager and build tool)
- Flyway (Database migration tool)
- GlassFish / Payara (Application server)
- JUnit (Unit testing framework)
- Liferay Permissions Concept
- Postgres SQL/Queries
- Arqullian (Testing framework)
- Web Services Integration (SOAP/REST)
- AWS Exposure Essential
It will be beneficial to have experience in:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to communicate effectively
- Willing to deal with customers. In most cases they will be foreign customers and language barriers might exist
- Must have good time management skills
- Ability to work as part of an agile team, inter dependant as well as independently and submit deliverables on time and in excellent quality
- Must take ownership of an assigned task and see it through to completion
- Must be self-motivated and open to learn
- Ability and interest in working in a fast-paced digital environment where continuous innovation is desired.